Champion Certification attendees receive 16 hours of instruction through a blended e-learning solution using facilitated group learning, online video training, and interaction with our Just Culture Company Advisor team.
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
Become a deep subject matter expert in Just Culture
Through scenario-based training and testing, our Just Culture Certification Courses provide leaders with the skills to realize improvements in accountability, safety, and performance for their organization. Our “teachable, learnable” approach prepares individuals to master Just Culture concepts and apply the Just Culture AlgorithmTM in a consistent and replicable fashion, driving improvement in behavioral choices and system design.
If your organization is on the journey toward high reliability, join us for an in-person or e-learning Just Culture Certification Course.
It’s training that transforms mental models and provides actionable solutions.
Certification courses are offered in several e-learning formats and in person. Choose the format that works best for you. Learners in our Just Culture Certification Courses receive 16 hours of instruction and exercises facilitated by a Just Culture Advisor; video tutorials; and are eligible to take the Just Culture Certification Exam. Individuals who pass the Just Culture Certification Exam may designate themselves as a Certified Just Culture Champion.
- Identify how the disciplines of human factors; behavioral economics, system engineering, and law inform the principles of Just Culture
- Describe five behaviors that serve as markers of human intention and the role of managers & organizations in shaping these behaviors
- List attributes of robust system design
- Describe 3 duties that inform an employee’s obligations and on-the-job performance
- Identify elements of a sound threshold (or event) investigation
- Identify pathways within the Just Culture Algorithm™ used to evaluate specific breaches of duty
- Using case studies, apply just culture principles and identify conclusions supported by the Just Culture Algorithm™
- Discuss how evaluations arising from the Just Culture Algorithm™ contribute to better system design, improve cultural norms, and reduce risk proactively
PHASE ONE (weeks 1-3)
Two hours of introductory video learning. Presented by David Marx, the discussion will allow you to appreciate Just Culture as model at the intersection of American Jurisprudence, Human Factors, Systems Engineering and Behavioral Economics.
Four hours of interactive, online learning. Learners begin with 16 self-paced, interactive introductory chapters that conclude with a 25-question post-test. You’ll finish this computer-assisted learning with a working vocabulary of Just Culture concepts and be ready to join your virtual classmates for application and scenario-based learning in Phase 2. This portion of the training is approved for 4 hours of continuing education for Registered Nurses by a provider recognized by the California Board of Nursing.
PHASE TWO (weeks 4-8)
You’ll be asked to join in five weekly 90-minute webinars with The Just Culture Company’s Advisor and a real-time peer group. Each session includes case-based scenarios, advanced strategies for conducting and using Threshold Investigations, and practice applying the Just Culture Algorithm. Sessions conclude with an at-home assignment, designed to help you assess and apply the Just Culture system of workplace justice to norms in your workplace. At-home assignments are estimated to require 40 minutes per week to complete.
At the conclusion of Phase 2, you are eligible to sit for the Just Culture Certification Exam. Individuals who pass the Just Culture Certification Exam may designate themselves as a Certified Just Culture Champion.
PHASE THREE (optional)
As a graduate of The Just Culture Certification E-Learning Course, you’re invited to participate in The Just Culture Community of Learning, a monthly one-hour webinar for individuals to:
- hear The Just Culture Company’s Senior Advisors and guest faculty apply the Just Culture model to cases drawn from current world events.
- submit cases for Just Culture Company Advisors and guest faculty to analyze.
- identify milestones to anticipate and manage as organizations transition to a Just Culture, share your successes and get advice about troubleshooting barriers from expert faculty and peer learners. Topics include: aligning Disciplinary Policies with Just Culture principles; measures of success; leading practices in applying Just Culture to peer-review processes.
” It was really important to have the right training given to our 800 leaders..that they had the consistent message from the experts.”
“I can state unequivocally that the Just Culture work we have performed with The Just Culture Company on improving our learning culture has been transformative. Their approach is incredibly engaging.”
“When you get to know this Just Culture model you realize this is a model of elevated accountability, this is true accountability. I saw this as a game changer”